Thomas Party Shoebox Craft
Make your own Thomas the Tank Engine toys with this fun Thomas party craft! Your guests will love creating their very own train out of a shoebox and construction paper.
You Will Need:
- Construction paper
- Marker or pen
- Tape or glue
- Stickers, stick-on eyes, cotton balls and other decorations
- Small cardboard tubes
- Paint (optional)
- Paint or wrap the shoeboxes in construction paper to create a plain base. Guests can then pick the color they want their train to be. If you plan on painting the base of the shoebox, you may want to do this step before your guests arrive.
- Glue a cardboard tube to the top of the shoebox so that it resembles a smokestack.
- Let guests paint and decorate their shoebox to resemble a train from Thomas & Friends. They might want to put their favorite number on the side of their shoebox train.
- You are only limited by your imagination for this Thomas party craft, but here are some additional tips in case you're stuck for inspiration: Add cotton ball smoke to the smoke stack, flip a small white paper bowl upside-down and glue it to the front of the shoebox to make a face, glue construction paper circles to the side of the train to make wheels, or use smaller boxes to build up different parts of the train car.