Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
The teddy bear birthday party is perfect for the young child who has a birthday in the spring - the air is warm again and everyone wants to go outside and play. Teddy Bear picnic or party games may seem a little silly but kids of all ages can have fun with this one. With the help of a parachute (or large sheet/blanket) and a stuffed teady bear (not a special one because it could get dirty) you can have plenty of fun with your little party-goers or picnicers. Once you follow the directions below you can sit back and watch the kids laugh and squeal with delight as they try to run across before the teddy bear turns around and touches the ground during this fun outdoor party game!
What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- A teddy bear (Note: this teddy bear may get dirty)
- Open the parachute and ask the children to spread out around its perimeter.
- Place the teddy bear in the middle of the parachute.
- Teach the children the following rhyme:
Teddy bear, teddy bear turn around,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the ground!
- Once the children know the rhyme tell them they are going to make the teddy bear in the middle of the parachute fly!
- Instruct the children to hold the parachute and say the rhyme they just learned.
- When they say "Teddy bear, teddy bear turn around" they should lift the parachute above their heads.
- The teddy bear will fly into the air!
- As the teddy bear lands the children should lower the parachute and say "Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the ground."
- After they get the hang of flying the teddy bear in the air, the children can take turns running under the parachute to see if they can cross before the teddy bear lands.