Your party guests will be so excited when they hear they're about to star in their first blockbuster movie! It's up to you if you want the birthday child to be the star of the movie or if everyone has an equal part. Use your best judgment but also ask the children if any of them want to be in the spotlight or the background of the video. Shy children may not want to be in front of the camera and that's okay too. Let them film some of the video or help with costumes, hair and makeup.
What You'll Need:
How to Make a Superhero Movie:
- A video recorder
- Video editing software such as Windows Movie Maker or iMovie
Did You Like This Game?
- Ask your guests to pick one of their favorite superheroes to star in their movie.
- Let everyone know they are going to be in a movie about their favorite hero! This means they will be acting and filming the video as a group.
- Ask the children who wants to be in the video, who wants to film the video and who wants to do other things. You'll be surprised what the children come up with, for instance someone may want to be in charge of lighting or props.
- Let the children discuss what their movie is going to be about. You may want to suggest a couple plotlines such as saving the world from a villain, visiting a new planet or opening a superhero restaurant. Encourage their creativity!
- Do a few practice runs of the scene before filming.
- After you film the video there may or may not be time to edit and watch the video. If not, then do this after the party and mail each child a copy of the video when you send out your thank you notes.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!