Fast as the Wind
Fast as the Wind is a simple relay race that requires a lot of energy. This is a good game to play at the beginning of the party when your guests have the most stamina.
Where to Play:
You will need a very large field to play this game that's free of any obstacles.
How to Play Fast as the Wind:
- Divide your guests evenly into teams of four.
- Let everyone take a moment to name their team and tell it to you.
- Stand two members of each team across from the two other team members as far away on the field as you deem appropriate. For example, younger kids can stand about 80 feet apart whereas older children can stand as far as they like. Just make sure an adult can see everyone easily.
- When you say go, the first person on one side of the team must run as fast as they can to their team members on the other side.
- When the first person reaches their teammates on the other side, they must high five the second runner.
- The second runner now runs as fast as they can to their team on the other side.
- When the second runner reaches their teammates on the other side, they must high five the third runner.
- Play continues until all players on one team have run across the field.
- The first team to finish is the winner!
If you have an odd number of players, one person will have to run twice. Also, the further apart a team stands, the harder the race becomes.
Did You Like This Game?
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!