Criminal Cake Hunt
What You'll Need:
- Index Cards or Paper
- A Pen or Marker
- A Cake
Write clues on index cards or on slips of paper. You can use the clues we have provided below or come up with your own. Starting at the cake table, work backwards, leaving clues at the locations described by previous clues. Hide the cake somewhere near the cake table.
At the Party:
Have someone appear with the first clue and tell the children that a bad guy (use the name of the arch nemesis of your child's favorite superhero) has stolen the birthday cake, and that it's up to your superhero guests to follow the clues and recover the cake! Read the first clue out loud. Let the children follow the trail of clues to the cake table. When the children are one or two clues away from the end, remove the cake from its hiding place, and put it on the cake table (i.e. the final destination).
- The cake is missing! It's hidden from view. If you want your dessert, then here's what you do: Follow the clues, they'll lead you to more. To find you're next clue, look by the front door.
- It's a clue that you want, a clue you expect, so look by the steps that lead to the deck.
- You'll have a clue to keep and to hold, if you go to the place where you keep food cold.
- Now quick as a wink, look by the sink!
- As fast as you can, there's no time to slouch, you'll find your next clue by the living room couch.
- In the front yard, you'll find an oak tree. If you look all around, it's a clue you will see.
- It's a clue that you want, a clue that you seek... Go to the grill and take a close peek.
- Seek and search, peek and snoop, look very carefully by the basketball hoop.
- The next clue is simple, it's not hard at all. Look near the closet in the front hall.
- A clue, a clue, now where could it be? I think there might be one by the TV.
- The next clue is easy, the cat's in the bag; just take a step back, and look at the flag.
- Looking for clues? You move like a snail! Hurry it up and go check the mail.
- This isn't a trick, and it isn't a trap. What do you use to give cold food a zap?