Beach Ball Pass
What You'll Need:
- 2 beach balls
- Chalk or other start & finish line markers
Before the party, blow up the two beach balls. Also, mark a start and finish line 10–15 feet apart using chalk, trash cans, cones, or whatever is available.
How to Play:
- Divide the guests into two teams.
- Have them form two columns behind the start line, with the members of each team lined up one behind the other.
- Give the first person on each team a beach ball.
- When you say, "Go!" the first person on each team must run to the finish line, turn and run back to the start, and pass the ball off to the next player in line, all while batting the beach ball into the air.
- Players may use any part of their bodies (i.e. hands, feet, head) to keep the ball in the air, but they may not hold the ball or let it touch the ground.
- If a player holds or drops the ball, he or she must return to the start line and begin his or her turn over.
- The first team to have its last member cross the finish line wins.
This is also a great game to play in the pool. It works best if guests stay in the shallow end and race from one side of the pool to another. If the ball touches the water or gets knocked out of the pool, the player must return to the start line and start over again.