Wheel Barrow Race
What You'll Need:
- Two small wheel barrows (can also use wagons)
- Several balls for each wheel barrow, such as beach balls, soccer balls, or basketballs
How to Have a Wheel Barrow Race:
- Use masking tape to mark the start and finish lines for the races.
- For children under five, make the distance fairly short.
- For children six to ten, make the race twenty-five feet or more.
- Divide the guests into two teams and have them form two lines.
- Place a wheel barrow (or wagon) filled with a few balls at the front of each line.
- When you say, "Go!" the players at the front of each line must grab the handles of their wheel barrows and race to the line you have marked, turn around, and race back.
- If any balls fall out of their wheel barrow, they must stop and retrieve them.
- When they get back to the starting line, the next team member grabs the wheel barrow and starts running.
- Continue the race until every member of both teams has crossed the finish line.