Spring Chicks Craft
What you need:
- Yellow and orange construction paper (could also use craft foam)
- Wiggle eyes
- Children's scissors
At the Party:
- Cut a large egg shape from yellow construction paper for each guest.
- Next, cut two legs with feet and two small triangles for each chick from the orange construction paper.
- The triangles will be used to create a beak, so fold them a bit to make them stick out from the face.
- Line up another adult to help you trace the children's hands on party day.
- Hand each child a yellow egg shape, and explain that this is the body of their chick.
- Let the children glue on the legs and beak for their chick.
- Then show them how to glue two wiggle eyes above the beak.
- Next, trace both hands of each child, and let the children cut them out. You will probably want another adult helper for this task.
- These will become the chick's wings.
- Let the children glue the wings with the little finger closest to the back side of their chick's body, and the thumb facing up.
- If you wish, let them write 'Welcome Spring" on the lower part of their chick.