What You'll Need:
- A Food Processor or a Hand-Grater
- Bars of Natural/Color-Free Soap
- A Double Boiler (or a pot and a Pyrex or metal bowl)
- Almond Oil
- Essential Oils (such as lavender or rose)
- Food Coloring
- Vitamin E Oil (if desired)
- Oats (if desired)
- A Spoon for Mixing
- Soap Molds (these can be purchased from a craft store, or you can just use an ice cube tray, a cookie cutter, etc.)
- Wax Paper
Did You Like This Craft?
- Grate the soap using a food processor, if possible. A hand-grater will work, too.
- Put water into the bottom pot of your double boiler, and set the top pot (or your bowl) on top.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Put some almond oil in the top pot/bowl, and let it warm slightly.
- Add the grated soap to the almond oil.
- Remove the top pot/bowl, and then slowly pour some of the water from the bottom pot into your soap and almond oil mixture to create a thick paste.
- Add a dash of the essential oils for fragrance, food coloring to get a color you like, and Vitamin E oil for a moisturizer, if desired. You can also add the oats as an exfoliant. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your soap molds, and let it cool.
- Air out the soap on wax paper overnight.
- Wash your utensils thoroughly.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!