You May Also Like
Happily Ever After
What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- Light-colored construction paper
- Crayons or markers
- A hole punch
- Table and chairs
- Sit the children in a circle and tell them they are going to make up a fairytale about Shrek, Donkey and the birthday child.
- Going around the circle, have each child add a sentence to the story. It can be either silly or scary.
- Write each sentence down on its own sheet of construction paper along with the name of the child.
- Make sure the final child in the circle finishes the story. (If it's a small group, have everyone go twice.)
- Have each child illustrate their sentence on the top of each piece of construction paper.
- When everyone is finished, have them name the fairytale. Write the name of the tale on its own piece of construction paper for the cover and have all the children sign their name on it.
- Gather the pages together in order like a book and punch holes on the left side. Tie bows through the holes of the book with string.
- Present the finished book to the birthday child to keep!