Feed the Cat
What You'll Need:
- Large bags of plain popcorn (plain is less messy)
- Two small trash cans or buckets that are equal in size (use three if you have a lot of party guests)
- Construction paper, markers and tape
Using the picture on the right as a reference, decorate the trash cans to look like an orange cat with construction paper, markers and tape. If you have orange trash cans, even better!
At the Party:
- Divide the children into even teams of two or three and have each team stand in a single file line, one behind the other.
- Place a large bag of popcorn in front of each team.
- Place one cat trashcan about 20 feet away from each team.
- When you say "go" using only one hand, the first children in line must run over to the trashcan and dump a handful of popcorn in and run back.
- Then, the next person in line grabs a handful of popcorn, feeds it to "the cat," and then runs back.
- The first team to fill the trashcan with popcorn over the cat's eyes wins!
- The best part is, most of the mess is already in the trash can at the end of the game!