There are two teams, the Sharks and the Dolphins. The goal of the Sharks is to "gobble up" the "feeder fish" (i.e. balloons) by catching balloons and sitting on them, causing them to pop. The Sharks must move around the playing area by crawling rather than standing and walking. The goal of the Dolphins is to protect the feeder fish by keeping the balloons out of reach of the Sharks. The Dolphins should stand in the playing area. They may bat the balloons to keep them in the air and protect them, but they may not hold them.
Blow up at least two balloons for every player. Mark a playing area on the floor using masking tape.
At the Party:
- Divide the children into two even teams, the Sharks and the Dolphins.
- Have the Sharks sit in the playing area and the Dolphins stand in the playing area.
- Set a timer for 1 to 2 minutes (for each round).
- Begin by throwing at least one balloon per Dolphin into the playing area.
- The Sharks score a point each time a feeder fish is popped.
- At the end of the round, tally the Sharks' score, and then have the teams switch places.
- After the second round, tally the other team's score.
- Whichever team has the most points is the winner!