Mouth of the Shark
What You'll Need:
- 1 Large Cardboard Box (i.e. big enough for kids to crawl through)
- An X-Acto Knife or Scissors
- A Dark Blue Marker
- A CD player
- A CD of Children's Songs
At the Party:
- Cut openings on either side of the cardboard box so that the children can walk or crawl through it.
- Draw a shark on both of the uncut sides of the box with the mouth facing one opening and the tail facing the other.
- Line the children up, one behind the other, in front of the shark.
- Station an adult by the CD player to start and stop the music randomly.
- When the music starts playing, the first of your "little fish" crawls through the mouth of the shark and out the back.
- The next child in line follows the first, and so on until the music is stopped.
- The child who is in the shark's mouth when the music stops is caught.
- The child who is caught is out for the remainder of the game. Continue playing until only one child remains in the game and is named the winner.