Scooby Snack Hunt
What You'll Need:
- Printed copies of our Scooby Snack Hunt List, one per guest
- Small bags of wrapped bite-sized candy and snacks listed on the Scooby Snack Hunt List
- Empty goodie bags, one per guest
- Pens and pencils, one per guest
- A small prize
- Gather all the wrapped candy and mix them up.
- In a 50 x 50-foot grassy area or backyard, toss the candy in the grass.
- Secure all pets away from the playing area during this game.
If you are playing this game in hot weather, you may want to freeze the candy before the game starts. This will prevent the candy from melting in the sun. Also, to make the game more difficult, use less candy. For instance, if the children only need to find one pack of gum, make sure only two or three packs are on the field.
At the Party:
- Give each child one copy of the Scooby Snack Hunt List and an empty goodie bag.
- Instruct the children that they must gather only the candy on the Scooby Snack Hunt List. Children grabbing extra candy are disqualified (they'll have their chance later to get more candy).
- The first person to find all the candy on the list and bring it back to you wins a prize!
- After the game ends, let the children go back in the field and gather the remaining candy to keep.
- Search the field for extra candy before letting your pets back in the area.