Solving crimes involves a lot of scientific techniques and experiments. The most popular one is called lifting fingerprints. Children will be amazed how easy it is to transfer their fingerprint from a mirror to a piece of paper.
What You'll Need:
How to Lift a Fingerprint:
- A pocket mirror
- A soft lead pencil
- Clear tape
- Ask the child to firmly press their pointer finger on the mirror.
- Use sandpaper to gently rub graphite off a soft lead pencil. The lead should cover the fingerprint on the mirror.
- Very gently blow the excess lead off the mirror. You should see an imprint of the fingerprint.
- Now carefully press clear tape over the fingerprint to lift the lead off the mirror.
- Press the tape gently on a piece of paper and then lift it off.
- Voila! The fingerprint has been lifted!