Robot Parts Search
At the Party:
- Collect a variety of hardware items that could be part of a robot, such as nuts, bolts, pieces of PVC pipe, batteries, electrical tape, etc.
- Be sure to avoid choosing anything with a sharp edge that could scratch the children.
- Another option is to cover small items with aluminum foil to create your own robot parts.
- Try using empty yogurt or pudding cups, cardboard cut into the shape of nuts and bolts, empty toilet paper tubes, empty juice boxes and jar lids.
- Hide the items in a separate room or in the yard.
- Divide the children into two or three teams, and give each team a bag to hold the items they find.
- Set a timer for five minutes and start the search!
- The team to find the most parts in five minutes wins.
- For a second round of this game, let each team hide the robot parts they found in the first round.
- Then set the timer and start the game again.
To make the game more challenging for older children, make each team hold hands and stay linked while they search.