Rainbow Words is played a lot like the ABC game except instead of naming words that begin with a certain letter, players will have to name something that is a certain color. It's good to play this game with the children in case they need help staying on track.
At the Party:
Did You Like This Game?
- Sit with all the children in a large circle.
- Tell everyone they will each have 10 seconds to take their turn.
- Starting with the birthday child, ask them to name something that's the color red.
- The next person to the right of the birthday child must then name something orange.
- This continues around the circle until something red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple has been named.
- At that point, start over with red.
- If someone repeats something that has already been said, names something of the wrong color or if they can't think of anything in 10 seconds, they are out of the circle.
- The last person to name an object of the correct color in the allotted time wins!
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!