Red Light, Green Light
The goal of this game is to be the first person to touch the "leader."
At the Party:
- Select one player to be the leader, then have all of the other players line up side-by-side and running distance from the leader.
- To begin the game, the leader turns his or her back to the rest of the players and yells, "Green light!"
- The other players start walking or running toward the leader, and continue moving forward until the leader yells, "Red light!" and turns around to face the other players.
- The players freeze as soon as they hear the leader say, "Red light!"
- If the leader sees any of the other players moving at this point, the players in motion must go back to the starting line.
- The game continues with the leader alternately yelling "green light" and "red light" until one of the other players touches the leader.
- The first player to touch the leader becomes the new leader.