What You'll Need:
- 24" x 18" Pieces of Poster Board (1 per guest)
- A Stapler and/or Tape
- Glitter Glue
- Gel Pens
- Ribbon and/or Cloth Scraps
- Strips of Tulle or Other Sheer Material
- Other Colorful Decorating Materials (if desired)
At the Party:
- Cut cone shapes from the poster board, as shown in the diagram below.
- Roll the cone shapes into cones and staple and/or tape them closed.
- Have the children color and decorate their cone hats with glitter glue, gel pens, scraps of fabric or ribbon, and other items.
- Glue wide strips of tulle, other sheer material, or ribbon to the peak of each hat so that it cascades down. Also, if desired, you can add elastic chin straps.