Guess the Utensil
What You'll Need:
- Slips of Paper
- A Pen or Marker
- A Mixing Bowl (or anything to hold the slips of paper)
Before the party, write the names of several kitchen utensils on slips of paper. Here are some suggestions:
- Measuring Cup
- Cutting Board
- Rolling Pin
- Garlic Press
- Measuring Spoons
Place all of the slips of paper in a mixing bowl, hat, or basket.
At the Party:
- Have one guest pick a slip of paper from the bowl.
- If the guest is unfamiliar with the chosen utensil, you may the child into another room, show him or her the item, or describe it.
- The guest then has 25 seconds to provide clues that will help the other players guess the utensil.
- The child may use words, hand motions, or drawings to help the other players guess the correct utensil.
- The first player to correctly guess the utensil gets to be the leader of the next round, drawing and describing another utensil to the group.
- If no one says the correct name of the item after 25 seconds, display the actual utensil for the players to see.
- The first player to call out the name of the item is the leader for the next round.