Walk the Plank
What You'll Need:
- 1 Corrugated Cardboard Rectangle Measuring 3' x 8" for Each Team
- String or Shoelaces
- Masking Tape
At the Party:
- Cut a 3' by 8" rectangle out of a sheet of corrugated cardboard for each team.
- Punch six holes in each (three on each long side) through which to thread thin rope or shoestrings.
- These will be used to tie guests' feet to the plank, so you may want to use your child's shoe as a model for the spacing.
- Mark a start and finish line with masking tape (indoors) or with string (outdoors).
- Divide the children into teams of three.
- Line up the planks along the starting line, then position each team on its plank, with one child behind the other as in our example.
- Tie the children's left feet to the planks, and have them hold onto their teammates' waists.
- When you say, "Go," the teams should try to walk their planks to the finish line.
- The first team to cross the finish line wins.