What You'll Need:
- A Pen or Marker
- A Hat, Bowl or Other Container
Write pirate-themed words or phrases on slips of paper, and put them into a container. You can use our suggestions in the list below, or come up with your own ideas.
Suggested Words and Phrases:
At the Party:
- Eye Patch
- Black Beard
- Buried Treasure
- Walk The Plank
- Captain Hook
- Pick a child to go first, and have him or her select a slip of paper from the container.
- Give the child a minute to think about how to act out the word.
- Make sure the child knows that he or she must act out the word using only hand signals, acting, and pointing-no speaking! (Note: Young readers may need an adult assistant to whisper the word to them and give them advice on how to act it out.)
- Give the rest of your guests at least 90 seconds to guess what word or phrase the performing child is trying to act out.
- When the child finishes, give him or her a small prize or piece of candy, and have the player who guessed correctly act out the next word.