Message in a Bottle
What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- Write the words and phrases listed on our Message in a Bottle Activity Sheet on slips of paper.
- Place the slips in a hat or bowl.
- Make copies of the Message in a Bottle story for the children to read.
- Have your guests sit in a circle.
- Read (or have the children take turns reading) a line of the story.
- When you get to a blank, have one of the children draw a piece of paper from the hat and read it out loud.
- Complete the sentence from the story using the new word or phrase.
- Read through the story again once you've filled in all of the blanks using the nonsense answers that the children drew.
- To extend the activity, you may want to divide the children into teams, and have them try rearranging the words to fit best.
- Then, let the two teams read their separate stories.