Bail out the Boat
What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- Two Large Buckets (same size)
- Two Small Buckets (same size)
- Large Plastic Cups (at least one for every child, plus a few extras, if possible)
- Fill the two large buckets with water.
- Divide the children into two teams, and line the teams up in front of the two smaller, empty buckets.
- The children should be lined up one behind the other with about two feet between each child.
- Place a full bucket of water and some cups at the back of each line.
- When you say, "Bail," the last child in each line picks up a cup, fills it with water from the bucket, and passes it to the next person in line.
- The full cup is passed to the front of the line where the first team member dumps the water into the team's empty bucket.
- At the same time, the last child in line keeps filling and passing cups up the line.
- The first team to fill its bucket to the top wins!