During this game you will read the book Pinkalicious out loud. Every time you say the word "pink" the children will try to find a seat. Whoever cannot find a seat in time is out of the game.
What You'll Need:
- A copy of Pinkalicious by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann
- A chair for every guest, minus one
Arrange the chairs in the formation of a circle facing outwards.
At the Party:
- Tell each child to stand in front of a chair. There will be one child who does not have a chair at the beginning of the game but that's okay.
- Tell the children that you are going to read Pinkalicious out loud.
- Every time the children hear the word "pink" they must quickly find a seat.
- Whoever does not find a seat is out.
- Every time a child is out, take away one chair.
- The children who are out can help judge the rest of the game.
- Continue reading the story until two children and one chair is left.
- Whoever sits first when you say "pink" wins the game.
Make sure you read the story loud and clear. It will also help if you pause every time you read the word "pink." In some cases, the word "pink" may show up two or three times in a row. This will make the game more interesting because the children will not be prepared to sit right away! Also, words like "pinkerella" and "pinkerbelle" do not count, only the word, "pink."
Did You Like This Game?
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!
The Pinkalicious name and all related characters and elements are the property of HarperCollins and Victoria and Elizabeth Kann. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by the author or publisher.