What You'll Need:
- Several chairs (one for each guest)
- A spindle of string
- Children's music
At the Party:
- Set the chairs in a circle, seats facing outward.
- Cut one 2'–3' length of string for each guest. Set up a CD or tape player in the playing area.
- Explain the rules of musical chairs to your guests, but tell them that there's a twist: they will have to waddle around the chairs while the music is playing!
- Have each player tie a length of string around their legs at the knees.
- Help your guests with this, if needed.
- The string should be snug enough to stay on, but not too tight.
- The players will now have to waddle when they walk.
- To begin, start the music. The players must waddle around the circle of chairs while the music is playing.
- Stop the music randomly. When the music stops, the players must try to find a seat.
- After each round, take away a chair before you restart the music.
- The player who doesn't get a chair is out for the rest of that round.
- Keep playing and removing chairs until there are only two players and one chair left.
- The last player to get a seat wins!