What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- 4 Sheets of 6" x 6" Multi-Colored Tissue Paper for Each Guest
- 1 Pipe Cleaner for Each Guest
- A Pair of Scissors
Have each of your guests follow these steps to make a tissue flower:
- Stack 4 pieces of tissue paper together.
- "Accordion fold" the stack using approximately 1" folds to create a 1" x 6" strip.
- Cut both ends of the tissue strip to round the corners.
- Pinch the center of the tissue strip.
- Fold the pipe cleaner over the pinched part of the tissue strip, and secure it by twisting the ends together tightly.
- Fan open both sides of the tissue paper.
- Gently pull up each of the four layers of tissue to form the flower's petals. The pipe cleaner forms the stem.