What You'll Need:
- 6 Paper Clips
- A 3' Length of String
- A Magnet
- A Stick
- Our Gone Fishing Cut-Outs
- A Pen or Pencil
- Scraps of Paper
At the Party:
- Print a copy of our Gone Fishing Cut-Outs, and cut them out.
- Attach a paper clip to each fish, shark, or octopus.
- Tie one end of the 3' string to the stick, and tie the other end around the magnet.
- Put the fish, sharks and octopus in a box or behind a sofa
- Make a list of funny activities and write each on a separate slip of paper. Some examples include:
- Make a fish face.
- Do 5 leap frogs.
- Sing Row, Row, Row Your Boat.
- Do 6 jumping jacks.
- Pat your head and rub your tummy 3 times.
- Let each guest take a turn using the pole you made to fish in the box or behind the sofa.
- When a child catches something, identify the fish. (If more than one is caught, throw one back.)
- If the child has caught an octopus or a shark, let him or her choose a prize.
- If the child has caught another type of fish, have him or her pick a funny activity from the pile.
- The child gets a prize after performing his or her activity.