At one point we've all enjoyed rocking out while we played an Air Guitar - the next time you have a music themed party try something similar but with everyone. Imaginary Orchestra is an musical observation game, this party game is quiet (well, relatively) but a lot of fun to watch and play. After opening the present and loading up with food, snacks and cake you need to help them burn off the extra energy with this party game. Children will play imaginary instruments while being led by a conductor. Add variation to this game by setting up a random playlist of songs and see if the players can keep up when a completely new style of music starts. However, they must pay attention or they will be out of the game! Perfect for your next birthday party, especially if your child is involved in music.
At the Party:
- Choose one child to be the conductor.
- Instruct the children to sit in a semi-circle except for the conductor. The conductor should sit facing the rest of the group.
- To begin the game, everyone starts playing an imaginary instrument, as the conductor conducts the orchestra with a pretend baton.
- After a few seconds, the conductor should pretend to play another person's instrument, for example a piano.
- The child who was pretending to play the piano should quickly cover their ears. The rest of the children should copy the conductor and play the piano as well.
- If a child continues to play a different instrument, or the original piano player does not cover their ears, they are out of the game.
- After a few seconds, the conductor should switch back to conducting with a pretend baton and the piano player uncovers their ears. When this happens, all the children should play their original instruments again.
- The children must pay attention as the conductor switches instruments to try to get players out.
- Play continues until one child is left and gets to be the next conductor!