What You'll Need:
- Small, clean empty containers with lids like yogurt cups and water bottles. You'll need one per guest.
- Dry beans
- Colored plastic tape
- Markers, stickers, pompoms and other decorations
Set out the containers, a bowl of dry beans, and the various decorations.
At the Party:
- Give a container to each guest and let them add a handful of dry beans. The container only needs to have about an inch of beans inside. Put the lid back on the container and make sure it is on tightly.
- Be sure to seal the lid with several strips of the tape so that the beans don't spill out when the container is shaken.
- Let the guests decorate their container with strips of colored tape, stickers and any other supplies you provided.
- When everyone is finished, turn on some music and let the children start shaking their maracas.
- Your guests can take their maraca home as a favor.