Cajun Crab Dip
Capture the flavor of Mardi Gras and New Orleans with this easy crab dip recipe. This dip recipe will be a hit at a football party, Mardi Gras party, or Princess and the Frog party.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 12 oz. can of crab, drained and flaked
- 5 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 11 oz. cream cheese, softened
- Round loaf of Italian bread, French bread or crackers for dipping
- Cajun spices: garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and others to flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until uniformly mixed. Do not put into a food processor as this will eliminate the texture of the dip.
- Spread crab dip mix in glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While dip is baking, slice bread or hollow out a round loaf to make a bread bowl.
- Crab dip can be prepared prior to the party and kept refrigerated until your party date. Before serving, heat at 350 degrees for an additional 10 minutes and serve hot.