Pull a Rabbit from the Hat
What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- Cut out the rabbits from our Rabbit Cutouts sheet. All of the rabbits are colored except for one-the white rabbit.
- Attach a paperclip to each rabbit, and then drop the clipped rabbits into the hat.
- In the likeness of a fishing pole, tie one end of the string to the magnet and the other end to the magic wand.
- Line the children up in front of the hat, and hand the wand to the first child in line.
- Have the child dip the magnet hanging from the wand into the hat and move it around until he/she catches a rabbit. Make sure the child cannot see inside the hat during this process.
- If the child gets a colored rabbit, he/she earns a small prize such as a sticker or a piece of candy. If the child pulls the white rabbit from the hat, he/she gets a slightly larger prize.
- At the end of the child's turn, return the rabbit he/she caught to the hat, and hand the wand to the next child in line.
- Repeat the steps above until every child has had a turn.