What You'll Need:
- Wooden Dowels (available at hardware & craft stores)
- Gold or Silver Metallic Spray Paint
- Black Spray Paint
- Masking Tape
- White Pipe Cleaners (4 per child)
- Glitter Glue (optional)
- Craft Glue
- Metallic Confetti Stars and/or Stickers (optional)
At the Party:
- Cut the dowels into 9"–12" lengths, and spray paint them with the metallic paint.
- Once the paint has dried, use masking tape to cover all but the last 2" of each end of the dowels.
- Spray paint the exposed ends black.
- Remove the masking tape once the dowels are completely dry.
- Give each child a painted dowel, four pipe cleaners, glitter glue, glue-on stars, and/or stickers.
- Help each child squeeze craft glue around either end of his/her wand, and then wind two pipe cleaners around each end to form the wand's white end caps.
- Let your guests adhere glitter, stars and/or stickers to their dowels, and then let them dry.
To make a simple, no-mess magic wand, you will need one clothes hanger paper tube per child and black and white electrical tape. Wrap black tape down and around the length of each paper tube until it's completely covered. Then, add a white strip around each end.