LEGO Pencil Cups
LEGO Pencil cups are easy to make and can hold more than just pencils! You can use these to hold lollipops, coins or small LEGO pieces.
LEGO Pieces Needed:
The following LEGO parts are needed for each pencil cup.
How to Make a LEGO Pencil Cup:
- An 8 x 8 base plate
- 14 pieces that are 1 x 6, various colors
- 14 pieces that are 1 x 8, various colors
- Pencils or lollipops (optional)
To make the pencil cup, you are going to place LEGO bricks around the perimeter of the base plate until it is seven bricks high. To do this:
- Place a 1 x 6 brick on one side of the base plate.
- Place a 1 x 8 brick on the next side of the base plate.
- Place a 1 x 6 brick on the next side of the base plate.
- Place a 1 x 8 brick on the last side of the base plate.
You have now completed the first layer of the pencil cup. To complete the next layer, do the following.
- Place a 1 x 8 brick on top of a 1 x 6 brick (you will overlap the ends of the 1 x 8 bricks).
- Place a 1 x 8 brick on the opposite side of the previous brick (so you now have two 1 x 8s that are parallel from each other).
- Fill in the other two sides by placing a 1 x 6 brick on each side.
The second layer of the pencil cup is now complete. Continue alternating 1 x 6 bricks with 1 x 8 bricks until you have built seven layers.
There are all sorts of designs and patterns you make depending on the length and color of the bricks you use. Be creative and have fun filling your pencil cup with all sorts of treasures!
Did You Like This Activity?
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!
The LEGO® and Minifigure® name and all related characters and elements are the property of The LEGO Group. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by The LEGO Group.