Merlin's Magic Relay
What You'll Need:
- 2 Containers
- Different Flavors of Powdered Drink Mix
- 2 Plastic Spoons
At the Party:
- Mark a start line and a finish line approximately 20 feet apart.
- Measure out the ingredients needed to make a drink, and place them in separate containers. (You will need 2 sets of ingredients-one for each team.)
- Label the ingredients with magical names, like "Essence of Dragon," "Magic Dust," etc.
- Place the two sets of ingredients by the start line.
- Place two "cauldrons" (i.e. glasses or other containers) at the finish line.
- Divide your guests into two teams.
- Have each team line up, single-file, behind the start line.
- Hand the first player in each team a plastic spoon.
- When you shout "Abracadabra!" the first player in each line should scoop up some water with the spoon, run to the glass, dump the water, run back to the start line, and hand the spoon to the next player in line.
- This pattern should continue until a team's glass is filled with water.
- At this point, the players must switch to the powdered mix, taking turns running spoonfuls over to their glass until they have added all of the powder.
- When all of the ingredients have been dumped into a team's glass, the last player in line should run to the glass, stir the potion and drink it.
- The potion has now turned that player into a frog, and he/she must leap back to the start line.
- The first team to have their frog return wins!
You may play this game with other ingredients, such as items to make a hot fudge sundae, and use only teams of two so that they can easily share their creations. You may also want to use something larger than a spoon to transfer ingredients if smaller children are playing.