Cross the Moat
Mark two lines in the grass or play area approximately 20 feet apart.
At the Party:
- Pick one player to be the "dragon" of the "moat," and have this player stand in the middle of the play area.
- The other players are "princes" and "princesses," and they should stand behind one of the lines marking the play area.
- To start the game, the dragon yells, "Try and cross!"
- All of the princes and princesses must then try to run across the moat, past the opposite line without being tagged by the dragon.
- Any prince or princess the dragon tags must become part of the dragon's tail by joining hands with the dragon or any other players in the dragon's tail.
- All players that have become part of the tail must run with the dragon to catch the remaining players.
- The last player to be caught is the winner and can be the next dragon.