A Traitor in Our Midst!
At the Party:
- Have all of your guests form a circle and join hands.
- The birthday child should remain outside of the circle.
- Tell your guests that they are the "Knights of the Roundtable," and that the birthday child is "Merlin."
- After casting a special spell, Merlin has discovered that one of the Knights is a traitor and must be removed from the Round Table.
- When you say, "Find the traitor!" Merlin should begin walking slowly around the circle.
- When the Knights least expect it, Merlin should pull two players' hands apart and shout, "Traitor!"
- Merlin must then take one of the vacated spots while the two separated Knights run in opposite directions around the outside of the circle, racing for the remaining empty spot.
- The first one to make it around the circle and slap Merlin's outstretched palm will rejoin the circle.
- The remaining player becomes Merlin for the next round. Play multiple rounds.