What You'll Need:
- Poster Board
- Foam-Core Board
- Crayons or Markers
- Construction Paper
- A Stapler or Heavy Packing Tape
At the Party:
- Cut out shields from sheets of foam-core board (1 per guest); they should be roughly 15" wide by 20-24" long.
- Cut two 4" wide by 7" long strips of poster board to use as straps for each shield.
- Let the children dream up symbols or patterns to put on their shields.
- Have them draw their ideas on construction paper, color them in, cut them out, and glue them to their shields.
- After each shield has been decorated, attach two strips of poster board to the back using staples or tape. (Each child should be able to fit his or her arm through the straps.)