Throwing Stars Competition
What You'll Need:
- Three large plastic serving bowls
- Uncooked rice
- Foam ninja stars; or simply cut star shapes from heavy cardboard and paint them silver.
- Masking tape
At the Party:
- Fill each bowl less than halfway with dry rice.
- Choose the area where the game will be played and mark the floor with a strip of masking tape to show the children where to stand.
- Set the three bowls of rice five, six, and seven feet away, or whatever distance you think will work best for the ages of your guests.
- Have the guests form a line with the birthday child first.
- Let each child toss five stars towards the rice bowls.
- Award one point for landing in the closest bowl, two points for the middle bowl, and three points for the farthest bowl.
- The guest who scores the most points is the winner.
- If you wish, have a dragon sticker ready to put on each player and a martial arts party favor as the prize for the winner.