Ice Cream Catch
What You'll Need:
- 1 paper cone hat per child
- A 5-inch round ball made out of foil, one for every pair of children
- Two prizes (such as a gift card to an ice cream parlor or small toy)
At the Party:
- If you'd like, ask the children to help prepare the foil balls before the game begins.
- You will know the ball is the right size when it's slightly larger than the diameter of the paper cone hat.
Did You Like This Game?
- Divide your guests into teams of two.
- Instruct each team member to stand about 1-foot from each other.
- Give each team one foil ball and two paper cone hats.
- One child should put their foil ball on top of the opening of their cone hat and hold it upright. (It will look like an ice cream scoop in a cone.)
- Instruct the children that when you say "go," the child holding the foil ball should toss it into the other child's cone hat.
- If their partner does not catch the ball, that pair is out.
- Instruct all the remaining players to take a big step back. The pairs should be about 2 feet apart now.
- The children should commence tossing their foil balls back and forth with their partner.
- The same rules apply, if one partner does not catch the ball in the hat, that pair is out and each remaining team takes another big step back.
- Continue until one pair remains and are declared the winners!
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!