Horse Tail Races
What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- Cut a 1'–2' length of streamer for each child, and attach a piece of looped tape to the end of each.
- Download and print 2 copies of our Horse Tail Race Printout.
- Choose a playing area, indoors or outdoors, with 20'–30' of running space.
- Use masking tape to mark a starting line 15'–25' away from a wall, a tree, or another object. (You will hang the horse pictures on this surface area.)
- Hang the horse pictures on a tree or wall running distance (15'–25') away from the starting line.
- Divide the children into two equal teams.
- Explain that the object is to be the first team to attach all of the colored streamers to the horse picture, forming the horse's rainbow tail.
- Have each team form a line, one behind the other, beginning at the starting line.
- Hand each child a streamer.
- When you say, "Go!" the first child from each team runs with his or her streamer and attaches it to the horse's tail.
- The players run back to tag the next teammate in each line.
- Those players then run to the horses and attach their streamers.
- Play continues until one team has all of their streamers in place, forming a complete horse's tail.
- Award a small prize to the winning team.