- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Beat butter, brown sugar and egg on medium until mixed thoroughly.
- Add molasses and vanilla until blended.
- In separate bowl, stir flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground ginger, cinnamon and cloves until blended.
- Add flour mixture to butter and beat on low until blended.
- Divide dough in half, wrap in plastic and let it sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours (and up to 6).
- Roll out on floured surface to 1/4" thick. Cut out shapes and place on greased pan.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes at 375 degrees.