Pet Rock Craft
What You'll Need:
At the Party
- Enough rocks (washed and dried) for each guest. A rock that fits in the palm of the hand is easiest, but the rocks can be any shape, size or color.
- Plastic googly eyes
- Craft glue
- Paint brush
- An assortment of items like felt, buttons, ribbon, yarn, chenille stems, small pom poms, embroidery floss, and craft foam
- Give each child a rock that has been cleaned and dried.
- Have each child glue googly eyes to their pet.
- For the nose, glue on a chenille stem, a small pom-pom, a button, or a bead.
- For the mouth, red embroidery floss works well.
- Complete the rock by adding hair, ears, or accessories using felt, paint and other objects.
- Allow kids to have fun with the objects provided and come up with creative ways to decorate their rocks.
- Encourage guests to come up with names for their new pets!