Bird Feeder Craft
What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- Cardboard toilet paper tubes (one for each guest)
- Wax paper or newspaper
- Honey or peanut butter
- Plastic table knives
- Two foot pieces of yarn (one for each guest)
- Paper plates
- Bird seed (choose small birdseed, because it will stay on the cardboard tube more easily than larger varieties)
- Show the children how to pull a piece of yarn through the toilet paper tube and tie it in a knot.
- Then lay the tube on a piece of wax paper or newspaper.
- Let the children spread honey or peanut butter all around the outside of the cardboard tube using a plastic knife.
- Have several paper plates filled with bird seed.
- Let the children roll their toilet paper tubes in the bird seed, covering the outside as much as possible.
- Their birdfeeder is ready to take home and hang in a tree!