Object: To avoid ending the game with the Old Maid.
Number of players: 2-8
- Remove three queens from a standard 52-card deck. The queen that is left is the Old Maid.
- Deal out all of the cards to the group.
- Players go through their cards and discard any pairs. If someone has three of a kind, discard two and keep the third card.
- The first player offers his hand, face-down, to the player on the left. That player selects a card. If it makes a pair with one of the cards already in his hand, he puts the pair down. If not, he keeps that card in his hand.
- Continue this cycle clockwise until there are no more pairs and the remaining card is the Old Maid. The person holding the Old Maid at the end loses the game.