What You'll Need:
- A hula hoop
- A football
Hang a hula hoop from a tree branch using string. The hoop should hang just above your child's eye level.
At the Party:
- Have the children stand single file beginning approximately 10 feet from the hoop (stand further back if the children are older).
- Ask one child to volunteer to be the catcher. This child will be responsible for throwing the ball back to each child in line. They will have a turn to throw last. Make sure this child does not stand directly behind the hoop but off to the side.
- Give each child a chance to throw the football through the hoop. If they make it, they get 1 point and stay in line. If they don't make it, they are out.
- Continue playing until everyone has had one chance to throw the ball.
- Start the second round, and award 2 points to anyone who throws the football through the hoop (for a total of 3 points).
- The last player left in line wins!
Play the game without using points or let everyone stay in the game if they miss. You can also give each child three turns instead of one.