Water Balloon Toss
In this game, children will work in teams to toss a water balloon back and forth. They must throw the balloon very carefully because if it breaks, they're out of the game.
What You'll Need:
- Several small water balloons
- A large, outdoor playing area
Fill up several balloons with water. You will need one balloon for every two players, but it won't hurt to have a few extras on hand. Store them in a large bucket in case they pop before the party.
At the Party:
- Divide the children into pairs.
- Have the members of each pair stand across from each other, forming 2 lines with 2' to 3' in between them.
- Give a water balloon to each player in one of the two rows.
- When you say, 'Go!" the players on each team must begin tossing their water balloon back and forth to each other.
- Each time a player successfully catches a balloon, he or she must take a step backwards.
- The space between the two rows will grow with each toss, making it harder for the players to catch the balloons.
- When a player misses a toss and a team's balloon breaks, that team is eliminated from the competition.
- The last team with an unbroken water balloon is declared the winner.