Herd the Cattle
What You'll Need:
- 1 White or Brown Balloon Per Guest (plus a few extras in case any pop)
- A Permanent Black Marker
- Masking Tape (if playing inside)
- Several Pages of Folded Newspaper Per Guest
Before the party, use masking tape to mark a start and a goal line about 10 feet apart from each other. Then, inflate the balloons and tie them off. Draw blotches on each balloon using the permanent black marker so that the balloons resemble cow hides.
At the Party:
Hand each child a balloon and several pages of folded newspaper. At the start of the game, the children use the folded newspaper pages as swatters to bat their "cows" toward the "corral" (i.e. the finish line).
Determining The Winner:
The first child to bat his or her "cow" across the finish line wins.
- Add a twist to this game by making the children sit on their balloons and pop them when they cross the finish line.
- Adapt this game so that it's a two-team relay race in which all of each team's members must successfully swat their "cow" to the finish line and back before they win the game.
- Use fly swatters in place of newspapers.