Gathering Eggs Relay
What You'll Need:
- 2 Spoons
- 1 Carton of Eggs
Before the party, mark a start and a goal line in the grass at least 10 feet apart. If you would prefer to play this game indoors, use plastic Easter eggs instead of real eggs to keep the mess to a minimum.
At the Party:
- Divide the children into two teams.
- Have them form two columns behind the starting line, with the members of each team lined up one behind the other.
- Give the first player on each team a spoon and a raw egg.
- Tell them that, once the game starts, they can only hold the spoons by their handles.
- At the start of the game, the two children at the front of each line walk or run to the goal line, turn around, and walk or run back to their teams—all while carrying the egg on their spoon. They then hand their eggs off to the next two players in line.
- If a child drops an egg, he or she must stop and pick it up. If the egg breaks when it falls, the child must wait to be handed a new egg.
- The first team to successfully complete the relay is the winner.