The object of this game is to finish with more players on your team than on the opposing team.
How to Play:
- Divide the children into two equal teams, and select a captain for each.
- Have the teams form two lines running distance apart from each other. Team members should stand shoulder-to-shoulder, holding hands and facing the opposing team.
- The captain of the first team selects a person on the opposing team and, along with his or her teammates, calls out, "Red Rover, Red Rover, send [Susie] right over!"
- The chosen player then runs toward the calling team and tries to break through the line of arms and linked hands.
- If the player is successful, he or she gets to pick a member of the opposing team to take back to his or her team. If the player is unsuccessful in breaking through the line, he or she joins the opposing team.
- Play then alternates to the other team, and so on until time is up.
- After a designated period of time, the team with the most players wins.